A CE Mark certificate is needed to market a medical device in the EU. This certificate verifies that the product is safe and performs as intended. The ISO 10993-1standard prescribes a process for designing, testing, and documenting the biological safety of a medical device product.
Both implanted medical devices and medical devices that come into contact with circulating blood must undergo a physicochemical, morphological, and topographical (PMT) characterisation to document compliance with regulatory requirements, including shape and form, morphology, topography, surface chemistry, etc.
SAXOCON provides you with everything you need to document compliance with regulatory requirements, including:
- Measurements of physicochemical, morphological, and topographical properties according to ISO 10993-19:2020
- Documentation and presentation of results
- An overall risk assessment of the device
Why choose us?
SAXOCON analytical services for nanomaterials give you access to:
- Extensive expertise in the measurement and characterisation of materials and surfaces
- A multidisciplinary team of highly skilled scientists and experts
- High-level experience with state-of-the-art toxicological evaluations according to international standards
SAXOCON generates and compiles all the physical characterisation data needed to support the biological evaluation of your product.