Food Additives & Flavourings
Food additives are substances intentionally added to food to colour, sweeten, help preserve or otherwise alter a food’s base state. Flavourings are substances used to enhance the taste and aroma of food.
EFSA requires the provision of toxicological information to evaluate the safety of food additives and flavourings, including assessing their genotoxicity and systemic toxicity. EFSA Guidance prescribes the process for designing, testing, and documenting the safety of food additives and flavourings.
SAXOCON provides you with everything you need to plan, test, and document compliance with regulatory requirements, including:
- A plan to describe and justify your test strategy
- Selecting appropriate laboratories, reviewing protocols, and monitoring tests according to the requirements found in OECD Test Guidelines
- A toxicological risk assessment of the results
Why choose us?
SAXOCON services for food additives and flavourings give you access to:
- Our extensive expertise with EFSA requirements
- Our multidisciplinary team of highly skilled toxicologists
- High-level experience with state-of-the-art toxicological evaluations according to international standards
SAXOCON compiles all toxicological documentation necessary for the approval of your product.
EFSA approved food enzymes.
EFSA approved novel foods.
Food Contact Materials
EU and FDA approved materials.