Food Additives & Flavourings
Food additives and flavourings marketed in the EU are subject to safety evaluation by the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA). Regulation (EU) 1331/2008 forms the legal basis for authorising and using food additives and flavourings in the EU.
Food additives are substances intentionally added to food to, for example, colour, sweeten or help preserve foods. Flavourings are substances used to enhance the taste and aroma of food.
EFSA requires manufacturers to provide toxicological information to evaluate the safety of food additives and flavourings, including the assessment of genotoxicity and systemic toxicity. EFSA Guidance prescribes the process for designing, testing, and documenting the safety of food additives and flavourings.
SAXOCON provides you with everything you need to plan, test, and document compliance with regulatory requirements, including:
- A plan to describe and justify your test strategy
- The selection of appropriate laboratories, review of protocols, and monitoring of tests according to the requirements enumerated in OECD Test Guidelines
- A toxicological risk assessment of results
Why choose us?
SAXOCON services for food additives and flavourings give you access to:
- Our extensive expertise in EFSA requirements
- Our multidisciplinary team of highly skilled toxicologists
- High-level experience with state-of-the-art toxicological evaluations according to international standards
SAXOCON compiles all toxicological documentation necessary for the approval of your product.
EFSA approved food enzymes.
EFSA approved novel foods.
Food Contact Materials
EU and FDA approved materials.