All new food enzymes to be marketed in the EU are subject to a safety evaluation by the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) and approval via a Community positive list. Regulation (EC) No 1332/2008 constitutes the legal basis for the authorisation and use of food enzymes in the EU.
Toxicological information is required in order for EFSA to carry out a safety evaluation of a food enzyme, including an assessment of genotoxicity and systemic toxicity. The EFSA Guidance on food enzymes prescribes the process for designing, testing, and documenting the safety of a food enzyme.
SAXOCON provides you with everything you need to plan, test, and document compliance with regulatory requirements, including:
- A plan to describe and justify your test strategy
- The selection of appropriate laboratories, review of protocols, and monitoring of tests according to the requirements in the OECD Test Guidelines
- A toxicological risk assessment of results
Why choose us?
SAXOCON services for food enzyme manufacturers give you access to:
- Extensive expertise in EFSA requirements
- A multidisciplinary team of highly skilled toxicologists
- High-levelexperience with state-of-the-art toxicological evaluations according to international standards
SAXOCON compiles all toxicologicaldocumentationnecessaryfor the approval of your product.
EFSA approved novel foods.
Food Contact Materials
EU and FDA approved materials.
EFSA approved additives and flavourings.