Ready-Set-Go Safe to Market
EC Regulation 1223/2009 on cosmetic products requires manufacturers of a final product to prepare a Product Information File, including a Cosmetic Product Safety Report. Based on this report, a competent authority shall be notified before a product can be sold in the EU. Furthermore, the testing of cosmetic products on animals is banned in the EU.
SAXOCON has expert safety assessors to evaluate cosmetic products and their ingredients. We provide you with everything you need to document compliance with regulatory requirements, including:
- Selecting and reviewing novel or replacement materials during product development, including material changes made during the reformulation of existing products
- The generation of comprehensive toxicological profiles detailing the relevant technical, scientific, and regulatory aspects of ingredient safety
- Conducting and reporting studies using animal-free approaches to test cosmetic ingredients, including the use of computer models such as QSAR and read-across methodologies
- Screening and selection of appropriate packaging and delivery materials during product development and throughout life-cycle management
- A toxicological risk assessment of the results
Why choose us?
SAXOCON services for cosmetics manufacturers give you access to:
- A multidisciplinary team of highly skilled toxicologists, material scientists, and supply chain professionals
- Toxicologists with extensive knowledge of EU cosmetics regulations
- Best-in-class experience with using computational toxicology, including QSAR modelling, rule-based SAR, and read-across methods
- Safety evaluations based on proprietary information obtained from our worldwide network of raw materials suppliers
SAXOCON compiles all necessary documentation in a written Cosmetic Product Safety Report.